After my first utter failure (in my mind) of my tablet weaving, at least as far as creating the pattern I wanted, I decided to do a simpler pattern. I found something in a book that was 48 cards wide, and then I reproduced it in new cotton colours, with no metallic threads and with a bit of a border added to each edge. I believe the final band was 52 or 54 cards. This one was intended to be able to be used as trim on anything, so I made it REALLY long – the full length that would fit on my loom. I believe that’s 9 yards.The picture below shows a test that I did to fix the pattern when I was about 1/4 done (that’s why the weft is sticking out the sides all over the place) – I decided to continue as-is rather than fixing the pattern, so all that got taken out.
ArchivesJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 PostsJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsDec0 PostsJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsJun0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsDec0 PostsJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsDec0 Posts
Tagsbag barley Black hours Book Binding Book of Hours bracelet chemistry class - taken crochet experiment Fabric Burn Test flax FOOL - 2014 FOOL - 2015 garb gebetbuch Glass Beads Golden Boar gouache hat heraldry illumination indigo Kingdom A&S - 2011 Kingdom A&S - 2016 Kingdom A&S 2015 knitting madder Murder Melee 2015 mystery pigment Queen's Prize Tournament - 2014 Queen's Prize Tournament - 2015 ring Scroll of Honor sforza soap Tablet Weaving tokens Watercolor wheat Whitework Wire Chain woad wood